Sunday, February 15, 2009

I don't want autoplay to autoplay - except when I do

QUESTION:
I like the autoplay feature when I put a CD or DVD in the drive - but I don't want to see that dialog box every time I put in an SD card from my camera. Is there a way to fix this?


ANSWER:
You can designate what AutoPlay should do with specific types of content. For instance, if you want it to always open up the folder to view the files list when you insert an SD card containing pictures, do this: In the AutoPlay dialog box that pops up when you insert the card, check the box that says "Always do this for pictures" and then pick the option you want (Import Pictures, View Pictures, Open Folder to View Files, etc.). From now on, when you insert the card, your selected action should occur instead of the dialog box popping up. You can also configure the behavior of AutoPlay for various types of media such as CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs through the AutoPlay applet in Control Panel.

No comments: