Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Is there an easy way to take my Favorites with me?

QUESTION:
I use the web a lot and I have many Favorites marked in IE so I don't have to type the URLs every time. I love that but I sometimes travel and use other computers, like at my daughter's house. Is there a good way to carry my Favorites with me to use on those other computers?

ANSWER:
One answer is to copy them to a flash memory card or USB thumb drive, but that's not the most convenient way to do it. What if you forget or lose the small device? The easiest solution is to use a tool such as Bookmark Sync that will copy them to a central server hosted by SyncIt. Then you can view them from any Internet-connected computer or even share them with other users if you want. It works with just about any Windows operating system and best of all, it's free. You can download it at
http://www.wxpnews.com/LL10M5/081209-BookmarkSync

No comments: